Friday, January 26, 2018

How My MSOL Degree and the Project Management Course are Helping My Career

Good morning,

About a year ago, I began my journey towards a master's degree in organizational leadership.  When I applied to the program, I knew it was the right degree for me and the coursework I have taken since then has continually solidified my reasons for selecting this degree.

The timing of each course has fit in so nicely with my actual workload and has enhanced my performance at work tenfold.  I am looking forward to completing my degree and spending the extra time on implementing more of the concepts learned form this program into my everyday workday.

Along the way, however, I have used much of what I had learned but at this present time, project management, has been the most timely and most effective tool.  I am in the middle of hiring a senior director of strategic and digital communications while drafting a digital communications plan and I am using everything I am learning in this course to help me not only manage the hiring process but also draft the digital communications plan. Project planning concepts have helped me to focus on exactly what the scope of these projects need to be and the application of the WBS, RACI and mind-mapping techniques have been invaluable.

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment