Sunday, February 18, 2018

Full Circle

I feel I have come full circle in six short weeks.  Having had some prior coursework in project management helped prepare me for this week's assignments.  I was thrilled to finally put most of my previous and newly learned knowledge in action.

This week I prioritized work to be done for the St. Dismas project and outlined these priorities in the WBC, the Gantt chart and the precedence diagrams I created.  I also outlined a budget for each task and what significant items I would outlined for the senior leadership at St. Dismas to prepare them for the unexpected.  It was nice to go back to Excel basics and plug in formulas for the percentages for the optimistic and pessimistic budget options.

I look forward to finishing my final project and hope I can explain, in detail, every step of the way.  One of the weaknesses is my ability to explain in spoken word and in a presentation exactly what I am trying to say.  I am much better at writing papers and outlining things in print.

Wish me luck.

Diane

Here are the Excel sheets I created:

without formulas:


with formulas:


No comments:

Post a Comment