Sunday, March 11, 2018

Whom Do I Emulate and Base My Ethical Behavior On

Whom Do I Emulate and Base My Ethical Behavior On

I have to say that I cannot choose just one individual but two.  

My Dad

The first person whom I give credit to for my ethics would be my father.  From a very young age, my dad instilled in our entire family the importance of following God, telling the truth and portraying ourselves as individuals we would want to emulate. We were taught to be good human beings and to serve others.  This leads me to my earliest example of what it means to be a servant leader.  That was my dad.



Dr. Drew Bogner
My Boss

37 years later, I met my boss, whom I speak about often.  We have worked together for 14 years and his ethics are above-board.  I have been able to witness his behavior everyday for 14 years during times of crisis, challenge, success and change.  And his ethics and demeanor have not wavered over time.  I watch him listen, think and then act.  These three actions have taught me that listening, thinking and then acting are vital to appropriate ethical behavioral responses.
I am very grateful to my personal and professional ethics mentors.  Both of these intelligent and thoughtful men have helped form the person I am today.

My boss

No comments:

Post a Comment