Saturday, January 28, 2017

Emotional Intelligence

I took my first emotional intelligence quiz tonight and will take more as time goes by.  It was interesting to see how I was able to identify emotions of the large majority of the facial expressions shared with me.  I was able to recognize people's expressions better than I thought I knew how.  This is extremely important when working with people everyday.  Having the ability to understand and manage my emotions as well as others leads to effective leadership.  What I was able to discover after this week's readings was that I am a servant and participative leader.  Also, having a positive outlook and affect = respect and a strong commitment from followers.  I have been practicing this everyday and see an improvement in my relationships immediately.  I took a second quiz and found out that I am not as emotionally intelligent as I thought I was.  I am still good at it but need to polish my skills. I will work on this through Mind Tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment