Sunday, January 22, 2017

Life Experience

I have fond memories of each time I chose or was chosen to lead a group.
  1. My first experience was In the schoolyard when we played "follow the leader."  That was one of my favorite childhood games besides jump rope.  
  2. Another experience was when I chose to organize ski trips in high school.  I was motivated by free skiing if I put the trips together.  We used to fill up buses and go all over New York, New Jersey and Vermont.
  3. The first time I recall being chosen as a leader was to lead the Blue Team for sports night in high school.  I was shocked but equally glad to have been given this opportunity.  My role was to lead hundreds of girls who tried out for teams and competed agains the Gold Team.  The most interesting part of this experience was that I was on the Gold Team for 3 years and then chosen to lead the Blue Team in senior year.  Talk about having to adjust my sails!  I needed to Unequivocally give my new team my word that they could trust me and they did.
  4. Since these experiences I have continued to thrive in leadership roles that continued to educate me about people and situations and how best to handle them.  I am still learning because in order to lead, I know that I need to keep my eyes and ears open to better ways of doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment