Sunday, February 26, 2017

Transformational, Servant, Consensus and Collaborative Leadership Style

As I reflect on this course, I have come to know that I aspire to be a transformational leader and believe I am on my way.  I am also practicing being a servant leader and know that I am also a consensus leader where I really do value the opinions of others and take them into consideration when making a decision.  There are also times when I am a collaborative leader and share the decision making with the members of a team.  These types of leadership are important to me as I serve in a highly exposed position and also because I want to be the best leader and follower I can be.

The roles I take on during my workday include:
  • Figurehead
  • Negotiator
  • Coach/motivator
  • Team builder
  • Team player
  • Technical problem solver
  • Entrepreneur
  • Strategic planner
  • Executor
These roles have given me the opportunities to learn on the job.  With each experience, I grow in a number of ways and serve me well in both my leadership and my followership roles.  Some of these growth areas include interpersonal skills, insightfulness, self-discipline, self-awareness, motivation, commitment, empowerment, openness, trust, learning, creativity, self-efficacy, thinking on my feet, ambiguity, and 5-levels of leadership known as position, permission, production, people development and pinnacle.  As John Maxwell states in the Rule of 5, I am here to lead, grow, create, excel and serve those I work with on a daily basis.  I am very lucky to work in such a positive work environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment