Sunday, March 19, 2017

Leadership Style in Need of Strengthening - Managing Difficult Conversations

I have to say that I am very excited about this class.  I have struggled with conversations for most of my life and am looking forward to seeing how my weakness will turn into a strength.  I am determined.

After evaluating this week's activities, I have realized that I am good in large group settings (I have practiced this over many years) where I am comfortable with the content I am presenting and my audience is there to learn from me.  However, I am uncomfortable in large or small group settings where I am not confident with the content and/or the pushback that I could receive during a conversation/interaction.

I came upon this video (click on link, below) that I will watch consistently to assist me with gaining confidence for these types of interactions. This tutorial gives good advice on how to manage pushback and turn it into a "dance" and validated conversation for both parties.

Managing Difficult Conversations

I also encourage you to follow Fred Kidman on LinkedIn.  He is an "INfluencer" at LinkedIn and his title is Vice President of Leadership and Organizational Development.  Here is a photo of him "pushing back" as demonstrated in his video, Managing Difficult Conversations


No comments:

Post a Comment