Sunday, August 6, 2017

Progress of a Personal and Professional Initiative

Almost one year to the day, I decided to go back to school and get my master's degree in organizational leadership.

The story goes like this:  Two years ago I was enrolled in an MBA (Marketing) program at Molloy College and completed three courses.  While I loved my professors and most especially free tuition, I realized that the MBA was not for me.  After much reflection and a decision that created a financial burden for my family, I decided to enroll in the MSOL program at Manhattan College.  Organizational Leadership is my strength and I hold a great interest in this topic. The only burden here is a financial one.  I absolutely enjoy this program and all I have learned.  I have applied many aspects of this program to my position as Chief of Staff, Secretary to the Board, and Chief Communications Officer.  I have also been able to apply real-life examples as content for some of my coursework.

I believe I have followed my dream by setting a goal to attain a higher degree and look forward to the completion of this program if I can continue to pay for it.

Manhattan College has outlined the differences between the two degrees.  Perhaps this analysis could help someone else who may be considering the same change in a course of study.  

Take a look:  MBA vs. MSOL



No comments:

Post a Comment